Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Danny Carey Signature Snare From Sonor Drums


I recently got to visit Sonor Drum in Virginia and I had a chance to check out the new Danny Carey Signature Series Snare.

As I approached this thing, not only was I amazed by the Bronze shell that just popped at me, but the size was perfect! 14X8!! This thing is a monster and has a sound to back it up.

I personally have always preferred wood snares... but after tuning this thing and hitting it quite a few times, I am absolutely sold on this! I went through numerous tuning and tensioning steps to check the tuning range of this thing. I was amazed with the variations I got off this thing.. from a DEEP tone to a high cracking pop.

Not too mention it is one of the best looking snares I have seen with all the engravings and the engraved Danny Carey signature.

Can't wait to get one of these back to the studio and test some different heads on it!!

No comments: